Thursday, July 9, 2009

home delivery Pizza here and there

Some delivery pizza ads was put in our mailing post today and I just remembered my experience in the US. When my American friends and I bought pizzas, they asked me what ingredient I liked to put in the pizza and I said "corn!". To my surprise, they seemed surprised and said "we never put corn in pizzas. In fact corn is quite popular ingredient for pizzas here.

You can see some delivery pizza menu here:

PIZZA-LA
Domino-pizza

You see any differences between here and there?

4 comments:

Louie Louie said...

Lots of differences! But Japanese always take food to the extreme. I remember seeing a website that listed Japanese ice cream flavors. Eel ice cream! Wasabi ice cream!

When I was a kid growing up in New York I only remember cheese pizza, pepperoni pizza and anchovy pizza. Oh, and maybe black olives and mushrooms.

Lyn/Mom/Nana said...

Naoko, You may not remember me, but I sang with you at Smith last summer. I am so happy to find this blog and know that you are well and happy.
I think pizza with corn sounds great but I'm not sure about Wasabi ice cream!
Please email me if you get a chance. Love, Lyn

Naoko said...

Hi Joe,
I agree with you. These pizzas seem so extreme! I'm going to upload a Japanese style sandwich soon and I found sandwich here is simpler than the one in the US.

I love ice cream and I think I've tried wasabi flavor when I traveled the northern part of Japan. It tasted a kind of strange for me though...

Naoko said...

Hi Lyn,
How great to find you comment here! I do remember you. I remember your beautiful singing on Pure Imagination, Lyn. You are not only a beautiful singer but also a wonderful flute player, right? I will never forget our precious musical time at Smith last year. I'll get in touch with you!