Friday, April 17, 2009

See you, NY, and hello again, Osaka!

Takao and I have arrived our loving home safely, for him, since 2 weeks ago, for me, since exactly 365 days ago. Both of the flights, NY to SF, SF to Osaka, got off on time.

The first thing I did was going up stairs to see our kitties. I called their names, Booko replied under the blanket and appeared soon, Gara replied cowardly behind the TV and didn't appeared while I was there, Momo didn't reply at all but showed her face from the box on the wardrobe and looked at me puzzled. I realized how long I hadn't been here.

Takao went out to buy Bento boxes for dinner while I was cutting bagels from Whole Foods NY to put them in the freezer. We have enjoyed the bentos and miso soup as we were watching the baseball game, Yokohama Bay Stars and Hanshin Tigers. Kanemoto hit home-run as if he welcomed me back!



We called my mother and his parents to let them know we got home safely.
I feel like I can sleep 24 hours tonight!
Good night from Osaka, Japan!

4 comments:

Ieva Zadina said...

So glad your trip went well. How did you spend your time' were you able to sleep? How did you feel in your mind? Reading about your kitties, the baseball game, made me feel you're still close by. (What are bentos?) Please keep writing! Love you, Ieva

Naoko said...

Good morning Ieva,
Yes, our trip went very well and we slept many hours last night. I'm going to write about how I felt for the next entry. I put the link for the Bento from my husband's photo diary, please click the "bento" on my blog and you can see the photo.

Nancy C. said...

HI Naoko,
Hope you are enjoying your reunion with your darling cats, your home and all your friends.

Can't quite believe you are no longer in New York!

This might sound silly, but I am enjoying wearing your tee-shirts. I particularly love the black one with flowers.

N

Unknown said...

Hi Nancy,
Yes, it's hard to believe I'm no longer stay in Park Slope.
Thank you for enjoying wearing my t-shirts. I'm glad to hear that! I made several photo albums on my Picasa: http://picasaweb.google.com/home

you might enjoy them as well!

Naoko