Sunday, August 30, 2009

Gara gone, too.

Booko went to the heaven in May. Gara has gone this morning. It's too hard to accept that we had three cats and now two of them are not with us any more....

He was getting weak and weak for the past few weeks. We brought him to the vet and were told that he wouldn't live long. He became unable to eat or drink.... yesterday, he hid behind the bookshelf or a curtain or some shading places as if he was seeking for a good place to die. I've heard that cats don't want to be seen when they die.







In winter, he always slept on my arm and didn't move till morning. I liked being with his warm body like holding a hot-water bag. When he slept, he did so tightly that even the alarm clock rang so loudly he didn't woke up.









He was so shy. Whenever our friends came, he hid himself and never showed up then when the guests left he appeared from somewhere crying hard.












When we found him 15 or 16 years ago, he was bullied by kids because he was so weak, I think he got a cat flue or something, his eyes were covered with mucus or something and he seemed unable to see. His voice was hoarse. I brought him home and took care of him.

We loved him a lot and he brought us a lot of happiness. I believe he will start having a happy life with Booko in heaven. And we should have a happy life with Momo since we have only her now....

I love you, Gara! Thank you for your presence!

2 comments:

Ieva said...

Dear Naoko and Takao and Momo, I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty gone. What a good, long life he had with you, and you with him. Yet I know how hard such a loss is. I'll never forget the weeks of tears when Finnegan, my (female) Siamese cat, died after 15 years with us.

Naoko said...

Ieva,
Thank you for your warm comment. Yes, we both believe he did have a happy life with us and gave us lots of happiness and we both were happy with each other!

It's been so strange since he was gone that we just live with Momo. Before there a group of cats and us, two humans. Although I thought we were one family, I felt our family was consisted of two teams, human team and cat team. So we respected the cat team and we tend to let them alone when they seemed like to want to be alone, now we are just with one cat so we became a kind of just one team, two humans and a cat became one team and we should care for each other all the time. Am I making any sense? Anyway, I feel glad we still have Momo with us!