Saturday, August 29, 2009

it'll become a historic event!

It'll be the general election day tomorrow in our country, Japan. And I'm sure it'll be such a historic day and on a textbook later. Most of the media surveys are saying it's very likely for Democratic Party of Japan gains landslide victory.

I know this feeling, yes. It was last year. I was in NY. There was the Presidential Election. And Obama became the first African American President in the history. All media predicted that Obama would win but I remember American people couldn't believe the prediction and were watching the election coverage with mixed feeling, a great expectation and a slight uncertainly. Then the result came and people got overjoyed!

We will see what happens so soon and I'm really excited about that!

1 comment:

Ieva said...

Congratulations on your party's victory! How exciting! The Newshour on PBS last night had a good story about the election and the viewpoints of the new prime minister. I hope he won't have as hard a time as Obama is experiencing in bringing forth the change that people seemed to want but are now somewhat afraid of, or at least confused about.