Monday, July 26, 2010

morning coffee on the deck


My first morning in DC started on the lovely deck of Ben's. His wife, Debbie, enjoys her morning coffee time as she feeds birds and animals living around the house. It turned out to be my favorite time during my stay in DC!  Every morning I woke up at my room upstairs and looked out of the window seeing Debbie already started her coffee, then I would take a shower, got ready to go, went down to join her.
She taught me the names of the guests appearing on her deck, blue jays (adults if it has black necklace, juve if it hasn't), cardinals, wrens, thrashers, sparrows, chipmunks, squirrels and so on. I saw hawks flying around the sky, a red fox appearing to greet me once, and deer making a walk at the yard once.... what a life!

At the workshop,  when I had difficult time during the day, and then next morning had this coffee time with Debbie and animals, they saved me. We talked, smiled at each other, greeted each other, and I felt much better after the conversation! I definitely miss the morning coffee with them!

2 comments:

Ieva said...

Lovely pictures and writing, Naoko! It took me until September to return to your blog, but I'm glad I did, and will check it more regularly now!

Naoko said...

Ieva,
I miss you!
Why you always contact me whenever I need you! I'm extremely down today and I don't know how to survive tomorrow's Hymn Sunday where I'll be in charge..... I'll try my best. Please pray for me.