Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Reading aloud!

I have been focusing on learning English language for the past few years. My favorite way is reading aloud! I try to read aloud, for example, news articles, the White house news conference scripts, all sort of textbooks and paperbacks. I can concentrate on the story more than I just do silent reading.

These days, I've been reading aloud texts from a book "No Momma's Boy" by Dominic Carter, a prominent newsman on NY1. I can learn not only how to tell your own story honestly or effectively, but also NY political news history!! Although he had such a tough time in his childhood, he's obtained great success! Now I've reached 205 pages and been impressed with his life story all the time!

2 comments:

Lisa W said...

Hi Naoko!
Just thought I'd stop by and say Hi and tell you I'm thinking of you every single day, waiting for you to come home!
I cannot wait to see you. We made $15,000 at the book sale! Nancy is a true wonder to make it happen. Pam's father is dying and she will probably be gone for Easter.
I miss you!
Lisa

Naoko said...

Wow!! Hi Lisa! I'm thinking of you all the time, too!! Thank you for your comment! I'm so surprised and glad to hear that the book sale made such great success although I was sure of it!

I'm sorry about Pam's father..... How sad it would be for Pam and her family. I'll pray for Pam tonight and tomorrow and the next day and the next days... Please give my sorry to her.

I'll e-mail you soon, Lisa!


Naoko