Monday, March 17, 2008

an amazing meeting!


Takao and I went to Kyoto last Saturday. It was perfectly sunny day so we thought we could enjoy walking around there.

We first visited Kiyomizu temple and started to head to Yasaka shrine. Our eyes were grabbed when we passed by a beautufil house. The house owner was just in front of the entrance and was watering the plants. So I said, "Good morning!" then she said back, "Good morning!" with her beautiful smile. Then I added, "What beautiful trees you present!"

She said "Thank you" and went on to detailed explanation about how she created her amazing works. She turned out to be a truly artist!

I told her about my plan to go to NY to be a volunteer at a nursing home and my hope to bring Japanese culture to the residents. To my big surprise, she said, "Oh I just came back from New York 4 days ago!! I joined the International Artexpo New York 2008!"

As you may imagine, we became good friends soon! She invited us inside and showed her great works. We enjoyed chatting for hours, about her creative life, my plan to go to NY, our early lives and so on!

I thought it was miracle! It started just greeting to each other and went on to a good friendship!


Her name is Utsuki Nakano. She has her own website written in English.
Please look at her amazing works. I'm sure you'll like them! She always feels and knows what nature talks!

5 comments:

Louie Louie said...

Found your blog while browsing blogger.com. Thank you for posting such an interesting story and web link! I will continue to follow your adventures here.

Naoko said...

Hi joe hotcuppa!
Thank you for your comment! I'm glad you got interested in my story. I visited your blog and was so impressed with the beautiful photos!

Louie Louie said...

Thank you!
Your photos are amazing too!

Naoko said...

Hi joe hotcuppa,
Thank you very much for your kind comment! Let's keep in touch with each other through our blogs!

Louie Louie said...

Thank you! I'd like that very much.