Monday, January 20, 2014

why not wavering?

I used to want to be stable, not changeable or wavering.

Now, I want to be a person who is willing to change their opinion or ideas after listening to others very carefully.

As I am living my life everyday, I learn new things almost every day. I meet people who are far smarter than I am or who are much more experienced than I am.  Then I would realize what I was believing or doing was wrong or slightly different, then I would feel happy to change my previous way, not always, but often I feel this way.

I used to believe a teacher should be consistent.

Then now I teach music sometimes, and I'm not consistent at all! I learn things and I would realize..... the same thing happens for this as well. When I find a new thing, I would think of myself, like how stupid I am, not knowing such a basic thing! or like that..... but why not?

I want to be a teacher who keeps learning new things and gets new ideas all the time, changeable? yes, why not? You will never bored learning with this kind of teacher!

Do you agree with me?

2 comments:

Louie Louie said...

I think that is an ideal for a teacher.

Naoko said...

Hi Louie Louie, thank you for your kind comment! I hope I can improve my musicianship more and more and become a better teacher! We can never finish learning, we can never lose our zest for everything!