Monday, January 20, 2014

writing

I recently read a book titled "Good bye orange" (written in Japanese, and for a small part in English).

It is about two women moved to Australia each from an Asian country (possibly Japan), and an African country as a refugee.  They met each other at an ESL school and became good friends.

The narrator is the Asian woman.  She tells stories about the African women named Salima who has a great ambition and guts for life. Salima was married to an African man with two sons. They moved all together from their home country but after moving, her husband became a bad guy and left them to go to a big city. She struggles to live her life with her two sons, working as a meat processing worker at a supermarket because the job doesn't require language skill.  She had a very had time to find the job before that.

Meanwhile, the narrator. Sayuri, is having a hard time too.  Her husband has a job in a university as a researcher and keeps himself busy on his research about languages.  So she is always left alone with their baby daughter.

This book is consisted of two parts, one for her narration about Salima's story, another for her letters to her former English teacher, who encouraged her to keep writing anything in English.

Then I remember, that writing used be my favorite thing to do, especially keeping my journal here! Why I stopped doing it? Because I get busy?

I thought, I should restart it any soon, even for a few lines each day.


So.... please accept my apology, my dear journal.  I love you, so much!


I have to go now, for my piano practice.  See you later!

No comments: