Thursday, January 17, 2008

Hyogo -Kobe- earthquake memorial day.....

It was today 13 years ago.... the extremely sad event occurred.
I remember that morning.
The day before, several member of our chorus group came to our house and had a rehearsal for the concert which was supposed to be held in spring of the year. We said good bye and never knew what was going to happen next morning.

When it happened, I woke up in the bed, my husband was sleeping next to me. I woke up not because of the quake but because our cat, Buuko, was running around very nervously, and then I realized the huge shaking!

Fortunately, our house was OK. But I never forget the event. I never forget the faces of the children of the school where I later went to play with them as a volunteer after the quake.


My prayer for the victims and their families.

No comments: