Friday, January 11, 2008

It's been a hectic week!

It's been a hectic week!

On Monday, I attended the translation class in the morning. After lunch time, another auditor student, with whom I became friends a few years ago, came to my house and we studied together until 5 pm as we've been doing on Mondays this semester. Later, when I was preparing for dinner, our cats' doctor called and said, "I have a big problem!! The computer in my office went down this afternoon and has never run again!!" So we went to her office after dinner and tried to fix it. Unfortunately, we couldn't make it and came hope exhausted. The doctor was grateful to us anyway.

On Tuesday, I had two private students, one in the morning, another in the afternoon. In the intervals of the lessons, I practiced the viola for my lesson, and oral reading for the test of the intro interpretation class.

On Wednesday, I had oral reading test in the morning. At first I thought I wouldn't been called my name because I am an auditing student. However to my surprise, my name was called at the end of the student list!! I was impressed with the teacher's kindness and read the text wholeheartedly. Thank you! Also I was impressed with everybody's improvement in their reading. After getting home, I practiced the viola for a few hours and went to my lesson at Umeda. Usually my lesson length is 30 minutes, but my teacher spent almost an hour this time because the next student was absent on the day. I was lucky and I thanked to her kindness and enthusiasm in her teaching! I am such a lucky student to have wonderful teachers! I started the viola lessons since last spring and can't improve very well yet. But It's fun always to try something challenging and far-reaching to the goal!!

And!!! After the lesson, I went to Nakanoshima Kokaido to see the public debate by the candidates of the Osaka gubernatorial election. I met my husband at the hall and we listened to their debate together. It was so fruiteful day for us that we needed something energizing us after the debate. We went to a Ramen restaurant and had Seabura Ramen!

On Thursday, It was not hectic at all, only one day in this week. So, I read a book, titled "The Pilot's Wife" by Anita Shreve (translated into Japanese). I started reading in the morning. I felt like doing nothing else so I read and read and read.... And I finished reading it until the midnight! It was over 350 pages!! It kept me in suspense right till the end. How entertaining!

And today, on Friday, I had 2-hour choir practice in the morning. This time I could teach the members very well, which brought me to a little bit blue mood. It was the first practice this year. Although everyone was not in their swing after the new year break, I was not patient, I think.... I needed to be calmer..... But to my thankfulness, everybody seemed to enjoy the practice anyway, and my husband, who is also a member of the chorus, said afterward, "You did very well! It was a great session! You should be proud of yourself!" His words encouraged me a lot. Thanks!

I attended the world news class in the afternoon after lunch. I felt a small pain in my head during the class, and yet, the class was fun!!!

After getting home, I practiced the viola and prapared dinner.....and inputted the New Year greeting text for my mother's New Year cards.

Not I finished today's mission and am very relieved. I think I'll have a cup of coffee from now!

Have a great weekend, everyone!!!!

No comments: