Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The blue sky


I enjoyed walking in the Central Park on Friday.
The blue sky was beautiful.
It was beautiful by itself.
But it was more beautiful with its friends.

Its friends are:
White clouds,
Green trees,
Waters,
Fields,
And people playing softball in the fields.

They were beautiful altogether.


You can be good by yourself.
But you can be better with your loved ones:
Your family, your friends, and the nature around you.
We cannot live alone.
We are the ones to help each other.

This past week, I was helped a lot.
On Tuesday, Pastor Ieva was not there,
I had to make an announcement at the lunch dining room.
After saying, "Pastor Ieva is not here today. So I have an announcement, we are having a Bible Study from 1:30 at the Adult Daycare center. Everyone is welcome. Please come and join us!", a patient said something, which I cound catch. Then surprisingly, more than few people started to speak up one after another, "It's the first floor." "Cross the hall way!" "At the next building." like that. I recognized he asked "where is it?" and I was so impressed that everyone helped me so enthusiastically.

Later in the Bible Study, the substitute pastor started to sing a hymn which I didn't know. A resident , my piano student, approached me in her wheel chair and whispered, "This is xxxx!" She told me the title. So I could search it by the Index and started to play the piano with them.

On Wednesday, we had a missionary service in the morning. Ieva was at the meeting. So there were the piainist missionary and me in the service. It meant I was the only person standing in front of the people. Mostly, the pianist led the service but I didn't know what to do at first. Before the service, I went to each floor's day room to see if anyone was interested in joining the service. My piano student was in one of the day room. I asked, "Are you coming to Church?" She answered, "No. I'm not coming today. I'm tired so I'm having a rest today." I said, "Pastor is at the meeting. So there will be the pianist and me. " And she asked the next question, "So, who will give the preach?" I said, "I don't know. Just two of us.... It's my first time. so...." Then she said, "OK, then, I'll come. I think I can help you in some ways." How lovely she is! In the service, she gave us prayer, testimony. Stanging in front of the people during the service, I felt warm atmosphere there. I saw warm beautiful smile toward me when I asked them if they had something to say or sing.

I didn't help them but I was helped. And I thought it was so beautiful.

No comments: