Wednesday, April 10, 2013

recovery week -after the flu week-

Takao got a flu last week and we both had to cancel all the appointments and work for the whole week.  We just stayed home and rested. So this week is a kind of "recovery week". He started to go to work from Monday, and I started to have lessons with my students also.

I realized how much I enjoy having a musical time with my students because not only I teach them but also I can learn from them, too!

Yesterday I had a wonderful moment with my vocal student.  She is in her late 60's and having lesson with me for the past 5 years, always passionate to learn things, want to improve as possible, and also a very honest and kind woman.  I like her so I want her to improve more and more.  Yesterday, we just reached a the best moment where she suddenly understand how to breathe effectively for singing then her voice improved so beautifully!  She seemed so happy almost jumped around! I was so happy for her, too!

If I learn music just by myself I must not have this kind of moment!  That's why I love not only learning but also teaching.  I'm not so excellent with performing but I think I'm good at understanding what's going on with people's body or mind, that is perhaps my strong point. I want to thank God who make me do this, bring students to me. Thank you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovely post naoko :-)
it's nice to see what a positive impact you have on other people - keep up the good work :-)

bye for now

startrash

Naoko said...

thank you, Startrash, for your kind comment! I hope you are doing well after the wonderful trip!