Friday, March 13, 2009

feeling of no one and everyone

I finally recovered from a cold and feel so happy to be able to sing comfortably!


I'm going to sing at the Polyhymnia concert this coming Saturday.
I've been joining them only for this concert.
I was given this opportunity from my friend, Marge, who were singing with them for the past several seasons. She cannot make it this time and asked me to sing with them. I was delighted to be asked to sing among such an excellent smaller ensemble.


When I first joined them in January, I was so nervous and worried if I could do OK or not....
There were only two altos, including me, that evening.
Then we started to sing.
I was so surprised with how beautiful they sounded!
And I couldn't believe I was in it!
I thought it would be really great if I would be allowed to join them.
I was so glad when the conductor, John, said to me "See you next week, Naoko!" in the end of the rehearsal.


I have a special feeling whenever I sing among the choir.

I feel I'm no one and at the same time I'm everyone. It's hard to explain but....
I feel like my voice is melted with everyone's
so I don't feel like I'm singing at all....
or I feel like I'm singing but my voice is not only my voice
but everone's voice is sounding from my body or so.

Or.... I'm singing
but it feels like my voice is up in the air with everyone's voice,
dancing around, enjoying the music altogether!!
Like angels of voices are up there and smiling to us.

I don't have to worry about anything.
Just enjoy singing.


I hope you see what I mean.

I have to say good-bye to everyone in the choir after this concert. I'll definitely miss them. When I had to say good-bye for the C4 members, my heart ached a lot.

I should feel happy. Yes, I should feel so because I was given such a great opportunity to sing with them even for only one concert. If I didn't have this opportunity, I would not have known this wonderful feeling, a feeling of both no one and everyone.

I'm so excited about singing in this concert.
It's going to be beautiful.
I'm sure.


If you want to see me singing there, just come and listen to us!

No comments: