Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My mother's favorite

After work yesterday, I went to the music library at the Lincoln centre. I didn't have specific things to check out in my mind.

I felt like I wanted to listen to a good examples of singing, so I went to the voice music CD shelf. I started from A-B section. A man was there. It was a narrow aisle.

He said, "Oh, sorry, I'll be out of your way soon once I find the one I'm looking for."
I said, "No, please go ahead, I have nothing particular in my mind, just looking around, so I'll start the other side, take your time!"
He: Thank you!
I: Enjoy your time!


Then after a while, I finished to look at the other side and went back to the B section again. He was still there.

He: Hi, again! Look I found it!
I: Oh, great! What did you find?
He: A Bach's cantata.
I: Wonderful! Do you sing?
He: No. Actually, this is my mother's favorite.
I: Oh, that is sweet. Enjoy it!
He: How about you?
I: I'm a choral singer so I'm looking for some music which I might want to sing.
He: That's the best way to do it! Enjoy exploring your music!
I: Nice talking to you!

I think he is in his late 50's or early 60's.
How sweet he is to listen to his mother's favorite music.

This warm exchanging soothed me a lot.
I love being in the libraries.....

No comments: