Thursday, June 25, 2009

love

I love the sound of "love".

When you say "l" for the start of the word, you get ready for expressing your most beautiful feeling by bringing your tongue upward.

Then you pronounce "o" part (I don't know how to explain the phonetic of the sound by spelling... but it's a kind of upside down of "v" phonetic alphabet). I do love the vowel sound. You don't open your mouth so wide or you don't close your mouth. You say it out loud but you still keep it inside you..... I think this part represents "love" itself. You want to say it to the person you love and you still want to keep the beautiful feeling in you forever. Also it sounds like you really cherish the feeling of "love".....


I love the sound of "love".


As an ESL student who has been learning this language with deep love for the past 8 years or so (after many years of absence since my school days, the time when I didn't have any fervor with any subjects!) , I often find some English sounds so beautiful and meaningful to each word. I'll write about it if I find anything new!

No comments: