Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Sunday dinner and Tonight's


It was Takao's birthday this Sunday. So I went to the department store after doing an MC job at a concert hall outskirts of Osaka and bought two boxes of luxury bento-box made by a famous restaurant (it was on a bargain, $10 for each though!) and a rolled cake with a lot of fruits in it!

We enjoyed his birthday party together with these gorgeous meals. Thanks to the department store shops!















Then tonight, I made dinner like this.
It was cloudy today so I didn't want to go out. I made it up from what we had. The white meal was made of Tofu, salty sun-dried sermon, a cucumber seasoned with soy-sauce dressing, mayonnaise, and some seeds of sesami. The brown meal was made by chicken, eggplant, carrot, and Shimeji and Maitake mushrooms seasoned with instant brown stew block, ketchap and salt'n pepper. Even though I didn't go grocery shopping, it was still a gorgeous dinner!




5 comments:

Nancy said...

Hi dear singing friend, Naoko, Just checking in to see what you might be doing way around the world. I love reading your writings.
I see that you love to talk about and photograph memorable meals at home. We do the same thing! Pictures are liable to be more of the food than the people at our house.
I'll email you more...
keep in touch!
Nancy (from Western Wind 2008)

Anonymous said...

both meals look wonderful, but your own creation is especially artistic. Happy birthday Takao!

Ieva said...

didn't mean to be anonymous -- don't quite know how to do the comments. Happy birthday, Takao, and love to you both -- Ieva

Naoko said...

Hi Nancy,
thank you for your comment! I have three Nancys in my mind among my friends. I guess you must be both a wonderful singer and a beautiful singer from WW, that Nancy? Am I right? Anyway, yes, let's keep in touch!

Naoko

Naoko said...

Hi Ieva,

Thank you for your lovely words as always. Takao became 50 years old and both of us cannot believe that fact! This morning, I read an news article featuring a famous Japanese poet, Michio Mado, and I was impressed with it. He will publish his newest poetry book soon at the age of 100! I was also surprised to know he published his first one at the age of 58 and was awarded Hans Christian Andersen Award at the age of 84!! We can start anything anytime, right?

love,

Naoko