Friday, June 27, 2008

Ieva's last service before retiring

Today, we had Ieva's last service before her official retiring. It went so beautifully. We had many guests, including our church friend, two of former residents, and Ieva's husband. We had many volunteers also, the pianist and singer Brenda, Elizabeth,Bruce, and more!

Some sang for her, some gave comments for her, and some just pray for her. I loved the time very much. It was truly filled with love.

The theme of today's service was:

"Doing Justice, Loving Mercy, Walking Humbly With God" (Micah 6:8)

I don't know the difficult things.... but it sounds me like "Don't worry, you just listen to what God tells you to do, then everything will be all right. It might sound tough sometimes but just trust Him and follow His will and you will learn things, it will turn out to be your benefit, too." Like this. I might be wrong but now I strongly feel so. I don't know if I'm doing justice or loving mercy.... but I am pretty sure I'm here not only by my will but also His will. I believe so now. So don't worry, Naoko, He is saying so to me.

It reminds me of yesterday's conversation with a resident. Ieva and I visited his room and talked with him for a while. He is always a positive and cheerful person. Also he is humble. He rarely shows up to the day room where many residents spend time. He stay in his room most of the time. But whenever I wave to him he waves back to me with a big smile! He told us his creed, "Don't worry, not hurry." What a wonderful creed! Don't worry, everything will be all right, it's waste of time to worry about things. You can't control everything. Not hurry, if you hurry, you'll miss things, beautiful scenery, flowers blooming, birds singing, clouds playing with the blue sky, cats sleeping peacefully..... even you would miss love by your loved people if you worry too much or hurry too much!

Learning English is like this, I think. You can't not be hurry. You can't learn everything at once, not in a week, not in a month, not in a year, even not in a decade! New things come out as you walk on, from books, newspapers, people, street signs, shop people, cab drivers, everywhere. I've been nurturing my English really little by little. I won't be hurry, I want to take time to learn everything because it's fun! I don't want to worry because when you worry, your brain doesn't work well. When you feel good, you might come with good ideas, your ears open, your eyes open, your mind open to the world! So don't worry, Naoko!


I learned an important thing yesterday and today. Thank you!

No comments: