Sunday, June 29, 2008

The second day at the workshop


It was mist this morning, very romantic and I loved it.

On my way to the breakfast place, I saw rabbits and squirrels! There were half sleeping yet so I could take picture of them. They were so cute! Also there is a botanic garden where we can enter anytime so I walked through there. Flowers, trees, a fountain, birds, welcomed me! I had a pancake and salad for breakfast, which was good!

After lunch was a warm-up time, and then we were divided into five groups. My facilitator was Elliot. We had four singers in our group, two sopranos, one also (me), and one tenor. Elliot joined us as a bass singer. In the morning two hour session, we sang more than ten songs! It was very very challenging for me but I had a great fun to sing with such great singers! Discussion time is always difficult for me. Everybody talked about music wonderfully,which I found difficult to understand. I need to know more about music terms in English. Also, I stopped everyone by singing wrong notes..... I was a little bit down after the morning session because I was worried that if I bothered everyone although everyone was so tolerate and kind to me.... After lunch time, I spent an hour to practice my part in a practice room at the hall building. There are tens of practice rooms, to my surprise, each room has a grand piano (Steinway and Sons!). Amazing! As I practiced, I realized how happy I was be there. I was surrounded by music, I'm just doing music with wonderful people. It's like a heaven, isn't it? I want to make this time beautiful so I'll work as hard as I can! In the afternoon session, I felt better and could have more fun!

After dinner, we had a seminar, where each group performed one after another and got suggestion from the Western Wind members. It was a great lesson for me not only to get suggestions but to learn how to encourage people, also how to motivate people. I loved every group's performance. Everybody loves music here. We are all musical people. How wonderful!

At start, it was difficult, I got nervous. I think I'm getting used to the atmosphere, to know more people here, and should be OK.

Tomorrow, we are having a the-end-of-weekend-course concert in the afternoon. And some people will left and other people who are the participants of 5-day-course will be coming Monday evening. So I will meet new people and will sing with new people. I'm really enjoying my time here.


Oh it's almost 1 AM. Should go to bed!
Good night, everyone!


Naoko

No comments: