Saturday, November 22, 2008

performance day!

It's a performance day today for the C4 choir. I'm so excited about it also a little bit nervous to be honest. It's freezing today so some of our members expect low turn out. But it doesn't matter. I believe we have warmhearted audience and they will receive our music gift, which we try to polish until the last minute.


On a performance day, I always have a certain feeling. Tonight I have to say good-bye to the pieces we sing. The performance time means the last time we sing the songs. When I first saw the pieces, I had no idea what they were, like a map of a place where I had never been, or a photo of whom I had never met, or a view which I had never seen before. But now, it's different! I know the street, how to get there, the view, the people, I can feel it, smell it, taste it, and relate to it. My love toward each piece has grown more and more. So today means my farewell to the pieces. I will say good bye to them as I give them to the audience as my special gift. To make my gift best, I have to do my best and most importantly, enjoy the time with my colleagues as well as the audience.

I can't wait the special time tonight. It's going to be great. I'm sure!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Naoko,

Your writing is some of the most beautiful I've seen. I can't get over the fact that English is not your native language, and yet you express yourself perfectly...and beautifully! I've never seen a better description than this, of how it feels to know that, after today, performance day, you won't again be performing a piece you've worked so hard on and have come to love!!

Thanks for doing this blog. You make my day every time I read it!!

Affectionately, Ben

Naoko said...

Dear Ben,

Thank you for your kind comment as always. I feel disappointed with my careless mistakes whenever I reread my writing. Your note always encourages me! I want to record what I feel, think, sense with everything while I'm here. Thank you for a precious reader of my blog!!