Monday, April 11, 2011

Church choir rehearsal day

After practicing the piano and singing for a few hours, Takao and I went out to the church choir rehearsal where I teach them every two months. We prepared two Hymns for the Easter service coming in two weeks, one playing with two recorders and tambourine, another singing in four parts. Then I brought them a new piece, "Lord you have searched me and known me" from Psalm 139.  This is one my favorites from the PSUMC choir repertoire. I wanted to introduce this lovely piece to them and they loved it! However I have to admit the English lyric must have been a big challenge for them. I showed them each word's pronunciation. I hope it worked for them.

Takao and I will be attending the Easter service and the following the luncheon party at the church.  We look forward to celebrate Easter with them for the first time!

On our way home, we dropped into nearby supermarket and did some grocery shopping.

At night, as we watch the special coverage of the nationwide local elections' results, I pull together the memos which I noted down roughly any points or discoveries about music on pieces of paper usually putting beside the piano.  I love taking notes about anything. I write down anything I found on paper roughly and then only survived good discoveries go to the formal notebook.  I have two notebooks, one for singing, another for piano playing.  This really helps me both for my teaching students, and also for my playing.  Humans don't have perfect brain.  We forget everything if we don't try to keep it in our brain.  I try to re-look at the notebook to make me remember the good points.

I had a good day today!

No comments: