Saturday, April 16, 2011

joy and sorrows

It was a hectic day today. And full of joy and sorrows.

In the morning, after doing some warming up for my voice then went to the senior choir rehearsal where I learned one of the members had passed away a few days ago. I really loved her. She was always cheerful and talented. It was she who did a quiz contest in a bus when the choir went out for a one-day trip. She played the piano and was able to read music quite well. She was married to Buddhist clergy so her wake and funeral service would be held at the temple, in other word, her own house.  We offered a silent prayer for a minute and had rehearsal both to enjoy our own lives and also to sing for her.

Several members went to the wake tonight and told me quite many people attended.

After practice my piano for a two hours or so, Takao and I headed to the Koshien stadium to cheer for Rakuten Eagles, the Tohoke-based team which temporarily put their home in Kansai due to the earthquake.  Today was their home-opening game.

During the game I contacted with a Rakuten staff. We got some invitation tickets for this Sunday game and wanted to take one of the senior choir members, in her 80's with weak legs & back so needs an assistance when going out, also who is our special friend and loves baseball so much.  I had asked them if we could get a special seat for her. The staff was so kind and promised me that they can offer the special seat ticket for her!  It's been my dream to go to the ballpark with her.  She is a big fan of baseball but almost gives up being there because of her getting-weak-body. This Sunday will be so special for all of us!  Now I remember the time when I invited Dynah to my choir concert in Manhattan.  It's going to be similar, I guess.  We will make the day memorable, yeah!
 
Life is unpredictable so we should enjoy our lives, right?

Oh before I forgot, Rakuten Eagles won tonight with the lead-off home run by Kazuo Matsui, a former MLB player. It was a great game. Especially when the two teams' cheer leaders exchanged yells, the Buffaloes' cheer leaders said "hurrah, hurrah Eagles!!!" and all other fans followed, then Eagles' cheer leader got "thank you, thank you, Buffaloes, then all other Eagles fans followed.  It was really beautiful, and made me choked up! 

Tomorrow we are going to attend the member's funeral service.  I'm going to say to her not only good-bye but also thank-you for her big smile and cheerful personality.

Good night, from Osaka Japan!

No comments: