Monday, April 18, 2011

Baseball day! Thank you, Rakuten Golden Eagles!

 Yahoo! We made it! The weather was perfect for baseball watching, thank God!  The staff of both Rakuten Eagles and Koshien stadium were so kind and friendly that they gave us good place tickets for my friend with weak leg and back, let us use the elevator, led us to the seats with warm welcome atmosphere.

We had gotten there an hour earlier than the game started so we could enjoy everything, watching warming ups, eating Rakuten original Bento boxes! .

 Here are the Bento boxes!
These are only sold at the home stadium so usually you can buy them only at the K-sta Miyagi stadium in Sendai city, so special!
We enjoyed them very much!


 My friend, Fumiko, and I with big smiles!
We not only enjoyed the baseball game but also enjoyed talking. Between the innings, she told us about her baseball-related memories. She used to go to the ballpark often with her recent passed away younger sister and the son. They wen to not only professional baseball games but also to the high school baseball tournament at the Koshien stadium a lot. She said it was more than 25 years ago she was at the Koshien stadium before.  She told us about her favorite players now and then..... We shared our love for baseball during the game.  


 The atmosphere was great! The number of both sides' fans, Buffaloes and Eagles, was almost the same. So when one team scored the fan made happy cry, and another team's fans made "oh-no" cry.... The voice sounded under the big roof, called "Ginsan", so beautifully. It was well balanced.  Both fans really enjoyed cheering for their favorite teams!
When I first asked her to go there, she said "I feel reluctant to be there because there'll be a lot of steps, slopes which might hurt my legs and back, also I can only walk slowly so I'll trouble you with the crowd. But after the game she said, "I really happy to be here! I'm glad you asked me to come here. Thank you so much! I don't feel pain or tired, nothing! I feel so happy, that's it! I might want to come back here again after being touched by the wonderful hospitality by the staff. So impressed!"
We had a perfect day.  Thank you, everyone of the people who let us made it possible!!

No comments: