Monday, April 4, 2011

rest, rest, and rest

I felt much better when I woke up this morning then practiced the piano for a few hours then headache started again, oh boy! Took some cold medicine again and went out to the chorus rehearsal in the afternoon. It's not my senior choir but another one where I became the accompanist since last month. They are having a concert coming June and I'm going to accompany for them.  We had sectional today. I rehearsed with the alto singers and the director was with the sopranos. I managed the time despite the headache and dizziness. I think the medicine worked a bit. Anyway I had a good time with them. There are about 30 singers gather every Monday at a music class room in an elementary school in Osaka city. They really love singing, I can tell from their shiny faces when singing!

On my way home, I bought some bento boxes and made tomato salad for dinner. After dinner is a rest time. I should have a rest I know....

Now I'm worried about tomorrow's piano lesson.  I haven't practiced enough but I decided to have a rest to have a better day tomorrow. I'm going to get up earlier next morning and then there will be a few hours before going out for the lesson.  God will help me.

A lot of moving stories continue to air about the quake survivors or victims. Sometimes I'd avoid seeing them to let my feeling peaceful because every time I see them, my heart aches. Especially the stories about kids, elderly people, and animals touch me deeply.

One among them I was touched is a story about a dog. It remained alive after three weeks since the earthquake when the rescue workers found it on the floodwood (maybe a roof of a house) far offshore.  Its waving tale moved me a lot. It was so cute and lively!  Then, today, the owner of the dog showed up and hugged it so tightly.  Thank the dog for hanging in there. You moved a lot of hearts, I bet!

OK, I'll get to sleep.  Good night!

No comments: