Friday, April 15, 2011

two private student and worked on transposition

Our Tigers finally lost tonight. It couldn't help. You cannot win all games.  Tomorrow will be the winning day!


I had two private student today, one for vocal in the morning who made a great progress, and another for the piano in the afternoon who became much happier in the end of the lesson and I was so glad to see that! The piano student was doomed when she came.  She said, "I had an uncomfortable situation at the work place last month and then during those days, the earthquake occurred.  As I watched the news coverage, my feeling got down and down and I couldn't thought of practicing the piano at all." I'd be more than a month since she last came over. 

We just tried to have a good musical time.  I explained how she could improve her piano by using which joint or which muscle, at the same time by relaxing which part of the body and so on.  Her tone quality got better and better during the lesson.  In the end she said, "I feel like I could be much better by practicing. And now I can think of practicing great fun because I know how to do it!  I was right I came here today. Thank you for making me feel much happier!!"

I couldn't be happier to hear her comment!

In the evening, I finalized writing the transposed chorus music, and now have a stiff shoulder, naturally.  OK I should go to bed now.

Good night from Osaka Japan!

No comments: