Tuesday, July 8, 2008

beautiful things

I was back at my nursing home today.
After lunchtime, a resident came to our pastoral care office in her wheel chair. She is my piano student and always care about me like my mother. She gave me this handmade knit cap as both my birthday present and welcome back present! I was so delighted with her kindness. I thought of the time she was knitting this as she thought of me..... What a beautiful gift! I can't wait to wear this in coming fall and winter! I told her about my days at Smith. When I said that I could join the next workshop on a scholarship, her eyes got filled with tears and just said, "Oh, Lord, thank you!" I hugged her tightly. This is the most beautiful gift I've ever received in my life.

I was so glad to see my pastor, Ieva, again! We talked over lunch. She was delighted with my story at Smith. I'm so happy to have lovely people around me.



This photo is not upside down. I took this when I was lying down on the grass at break time on Thursday. I was so tired both mentally and physically at that time. After taking a nap for a while, I opened my eyes and so touched with the beauty of this tree and took this photo instantly. Isn't it incredibly beautiful? Beautiful things always soothes me.

No comments: