Thursday, July 10, 2008

music power

I want to write one more thing about Monday.
In the afternoon, Ieva and I were going to visit the hospital to see some of the residents who were hospitalized. Especially, we had one particular resident in our mind. When we were about to leave the Home, we were told that the resident was back from the hospital! So we canceled the schedule and went to his room. His room was empty and the bed was not ready. He was at the day room in a wheel chair. We brought him to the church space where we could talk in a quiet atmosphere. He could barely speak. His voice was so weak. He said he is all right but I felt sad a bit.

Then Ieva asked him if he want to listen to my singing his favorite hymn "Softly and Tenderly Jesus is Calling". He said yes. I didn't know the hymn. I opened the hymn book and started to sing with the piano. To my amazement, he started to sing with us! I could clearly heard his voice, the pitch was perfect! He remembered the words! His voice was louder than he spoke. It was just amazing. I felt music power. Sometimes, music made people energized and alive.

I hope he gets better and better.....

No comments: