Thursday, July 17, 2008

starting over

This morning, I felt like starting over.
Visited 4th floor people. Greeted people at the day room. They hugged me. Visited a resident's room and spent a good time there chatting. He was discharged from the hospital last week. He seemed weak soon after that. He seemed quite fine today, which made me very happy.

Updated the room chart on the PC at the office, which took me more than 2 hours, in the morning and in the afternoon. Also I made a couple of phone calls, which, I think, made the good-will directions better.

At lunch time, had a good chat with two residents. We talked about skating, skiing, amusement parks, baseball, winer in NY, etc.

After work, I went to my music friend's apartment. She and her husband took me to a Mexican restaurant. We enjoyed food and talk for a while. They talked me that they first met at a folk singing camp 40 years ago! They are a truly good couple. I felt really warm spending time with them. Then she and I practiced our duette for an hour.

I was so sleepy when I got home because I watched the MLB All Star game last night! I took a nap for a while and felt better.


Today, my life turned up a little after a tough time this week. I'm here to talk with people. I should be happy. I should be a happy-go-lucky person!

No comments: