Tuesday, July 29, 2008

new days started!

I didn't have lunch today because I was sleeping for a few hours in the afternoon. Maybe it was a too long nap! I woke up and lay down on the bed for 30 more minutes, and wash my face to go for dinner.

I asked the kitchen staff who remembered me for her name because I wanted to remember her name, too!

I met a lot of new people there. I very much enjoyed conversation with some of them. They told me about their past experiences to me. I knew everybody had a tough time and more than once thought about that they would never come back. But at least they came back! Why? The answer would be obvious. This workshop gives you something special. You could learn not only music but various things about life. I was impressed with every one's story and was encouraged. I shouldn't worry about things. I should not be so serious. Of course I should work hard to make the most of my time here. Then I should be satisfied what I or we would be done.

Oh, my another happiness is that there are four Japanese people in this five-day course, including me. Yumiko is one of the faculty member. She brought her Japanese student. Also I met Keiko from Tokyo. Since I joined the last workshop, everybody told me about Keiko. All of them expressed how wonderful she is. I was so glad to meet Keiko tonight! It's going to be a wonderful time this week!


OK, I'm having a happy dream tonight!
Good night from Smith II.

1 comment:

Lisa W said...

Hello to my dear friend at Smith College!
I am so glad to read all of your thoughts and fears and joys. I feel like I'm there with you but of course, I worry about your low moments and want you to always know how wonderful and beautiful you are and just have you enjoy what is. You know I was at the Buddhist center in Santa Fe for a week and the message I bring to you is to just accept whatever is your situation and stop worrying -- it won't change from worrying anyway, so just accept it so you can really be there to experience it. Because too quickly it's all over and then you've spent too much time in worry, worry, worry! So live it now, enjoy it, even the sad moments, and know how very much you are loved here in New York and all over the world! I can't wait till you get back and be here with me!
All my love to you,
Lisa