Wednesday, July 9, 2008

dancing!

Today, I danced with a resident who is in a wheel chair. She was down a few weeks ago. She expected to go home earlier but couldn't make it. She cried sometimes. It made me sad. Yesterday, I come to her to say hello after my vacation. She looked great and positive, which made me so happy. She told me that she is doing well, practicing walking everyday, washing her face by herself, using the bath room by herself. She seemed satisfied with her progress even if it's a small step. I said, "the time will come, right?" She said, "Yes!" Today, when we talked with each other, she handed my hands and started to dance in a wheel chair, of course I danced, turning around at the end, which made her burst into laughing! I said, "You can dance very soon!" She said, "Yes, of course!" We very much enjoyed our dancing time together! Also she was glad to hear my story at the workshop like my family.

I visited several residents to their private rooms. Among them was a Chinese man. It was my second time to visit his room. He is blind and doesn't walk around very much, so I can rarely see him around. He welcomed me and spoke several Japanese greetings to me, like "Konnichiwa (hello)" "Konbanwa (good evening)". He said, "I'm glad to meet an Asian person!" I thought I must visit him more often. I should remember there is a Asian man who want to speak with me....

In the afternoon, we had Bible Study at the adult day care center. People shaked my hands to welcome me! I said I had missed them and they said they had missed me, too. We sang many hymns together. Among them today's my favorite was "Precious Lord, take my hand" God leads me the way I should go.

Usually I don't work on Friday, but we have to send our newsletter on Friday so tomorrow turned out to be my day off. I am going to do my laundry and shopping. Also I'm looking forward to listen to my favorite radio show, The Brian Lehrer Show, live in the morning!

No comments: