Sunday, July 6, 2008

the party's over.... it was like a dream world!

It's all over. I'm in the living room at the dorm enjoying staying extra night. Rita and Richard are also staying at a motel and going to drive me back to NY tomorrow morning.

Time passed so fast. At the same time, I felt like I've been here for a long long time.

This morning, as I was singing I was choked up. I realized that it was the last day being with this lovely singers and my facilitator, Kristina. I really didn't want leave here!!! I thought in my mind. Music sounded so lovely. I felt everybody's music in my body.

The start is always difficult with everything. It was the same about this workshop. I had a lot of ups and downs. But whenever I was down, helping hands were always there, just came up from somewhere. I guess everybody in my group had a difficult time during this week. After all, we became a great emsenble group, I'm pretty sure about it!

Among songs we sang at today's final concert, I loved Poulenc music. At first, I thought, "what's this? It's sooooo difficult! I don't think I can sing such a complicated music!" But, as we sang it again and again, it became my favorite song. The harmony is marvelously lovely when the harmony sounds correctly. Especially, if its dinamycs was PP(pianississimo), I almost couldn't hear my voice. I just trusted everyone, listened to everyone, imagined my note and the whole harmony in my mind, opened my mouth, and finally trusted myself, then it worked well! When I could join the harmony world, it was just amaging.


I feel really glad I could join this workshop during my 1-year stay in the U.S.
I want to thank everyone who have been with me for the past week. I've had a lot of helping hands, my facilitators, the members of my group, people on the meal tables, or even workers at the dining place.


I got a lot to tell the residents at my nursing home next week!


Good night!

No comments: