Sunday, July 27, 2008

There are 10 singers in my group!

The last time's weekend, there were only 4 singers on Saturday and 3 singers on Sunday. This time, we have 10 singers in my group. I've been learning lots of different things from this experience. It's sometimes difficult to communicate with others not only in a language way, but a musical way. Fundamental things, such as, how to start the piece, should have somebody who gives us cue, how to slow down, how to speed up, how to keep the tempo, how to interact with people who sing with different rhythms......


At first, everybody tended to concentrate only on their own note, absolutely including me! Then gradually, we got used to it and had an extra time to look at each other's faces. On the stage, I think we did the best performance with the last song. I felt so happy!

In tomorrow's final concert for the weekend course, we will sing Monteverdi's work with the lute and the cembalo. We rehearsed the piece today. I loved it so I want to make it better tomorrow. Have to work on it next morning, before the program starts!


I've been very much enjoying time here!
Good night, everyone!

No comments: